Our social:

Saturday 29 November 2014

"My Wife Knows How Much I Love & Cherish Juliet Ibrahim" - Says Yemi Blaq

The Nigerian actor opened up on his admiration for Ghanaian actress Juliet Ibrahim, stating that he would have settled for the actress if he was still single...

See excerpts below:


You have a very close relationship with Juliet Ibrahim, how does your wife react to that?
She’s okay with it. My wife is a professional through and through. When we were shooting ‘The Distance Between’, my wife wrote the script. She wrote my character to have a romantic relationship with both Rita Dominic and Mercy Johnson. She was on set while we were shooting and after doing a kissing scene with Mercy Johnson, my wife called me aside and said “That kiss is not real. You need to make it real”.

She knows that as long as I’m on set, it’s my job and I’m doing the kissing not because I’m enjoying a kiss from a woman, but because it’s the character doing the kissing, not me. If I kiss a girl outside the set, I’ll have a lot of questions to answer. She knows about me and Juliet.

Was it movies that brought Juliet Ibrahim and you together?
Yes. The funny thing is I’ve heard about her, seen her and the first time we really had time to relate was when we shot the movie ‘ Corporate Operations’ with Alex Mouth in Abuja, but there was no time to bond. Shortly after that, she called me while she was in Ghana and there was this movie we were shooting ‘Number One Fan’, starring myself and her.

I went over to Ghana for the movie and that was where we really had the chance to bond. I knew her real person behind the screen, she’s nice, hardworking, dedicated and focused and those are the qualities I appreciate in a human being. We are still friends till today. I was at her birthday party sometime ago in Lagos and we had a great time partying all night long. Once again, my wife knows about it.

If you weren’t already married, would you have married Juliet; is she your kind of person?
Yes, she’s my kind of person. She’s smart, dedicated, but it’s a pity I’m not single. It’s a great thing I met my wife first and if you ask me, ‘If I had to do it all over again, would I change anything?’. I’d tell you it’s nice to be with someone with whom everyday is a new day with its own challenges, rewards and beauty. My wife is creative, crazy, lovable and she’s my love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment