Our social:

Tuesday 5 August 2014

BREAKING NEWS!!!! Xavi Retires From Spain

Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez has called time on his international career with European heavyweights Spain.

The 34-year-old enjoyed a stellar career with La Furia Roja, earning 133 caps and scoring 12 goals since his debut in 2000.


"I have made my decision to leave the national team, I feel my time there has ended," the Barca veteran revealed at a press conference.

"I'm grateful to the federation and all the coaches who have been selecting me, I want to thank them all.

"It's been extraordinary to be with the Spain team. I'm proud to have played with them for so long.

"I'm really satisfied, happy and proud in what I've achieved with Spain. I'll always support the Spanish national team but I feel my personal role has come to an end."

Xavi was part of Spain’s record-winning side that won three consecutive major tournaments – the 2010 Fifa World Cup, flanked on either side by Euro 2008 and euro 2012 – yet crashed out in the group stages of this year’s Mundial in Brazil.

Despite rumours linking him to a move away from the Catalans, Xavi is set to remain at the Nou Camp this season, with two years remaining on his current contract with the La Liga side.


KickOffNigeria

0 comments:

Post a Comment